The Patent Information Centre (PIC-Kerala) under the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) has established an Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPR Cell) in STIC. The PIC-Kerala has been established at the KSCSTE with the financial support from TIFAC, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The very aim of PIC-Kerala is to organize various programmes to promote and propagate Intellectual Property Rights in the State. The objectives of the IPR Cell in STIC are the following :
(1) Work as a bridge between PIC and University and its affiliated colleges
(2) Advice and guide researchers on the importance of IPR, especially Patents, with the help of PIC, if necessary.
(3) Arrange periodic meetings of small groups of faculty members along with officers of PIC for identifying patentable inventions
(4) Encourage faculty members to carry out Patent searchers to fine-tune their research.
(5) Facilitate clearance from the competent authority for filing patent applications through PIC
(6) Forward eligible cases of IP for IPRs protection to PIC
The IPR Cell in STIC functions to meet the above objectives. The IPR cell is happy to extend all possible support to inventors to patent their ideas and inventions through the Patent Information Centre of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment.
The IPR Cell in STIC was formally inaugurated on December 11, 2009 with a national workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights and Economic Development in the Knowledge Era”.
Any inventors who seeks assistance or help on all matters related to Intellectual Property Rights or patenting may approach the Co-ordinator of the IPR Cell in STIC. At present the Director of STIC is acting as the Coordinator of the IPR Cell.