Applications are invited from candidates possessing the following qualifications and experience for the post of Director, STIC for a period of 5 years or until superannuation whichever is earlierDetails
The internship program envisages to offer aspirants an exclusive experience in exploiting the applications of various sophisticated analytical instruments which are an integral part of characterization of a material. The interns are encouraged to familiarize the instruments under the supervision of trained experts. They will be introduced to working principles, operation, data analysis and interpretation of the results. Internship is aimed for candidates with minimum PG degree in any branch of Science or Technology
INSTRUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR INTERNSHIP
- HR Transmission Electron Microscope
- Scanning Electron Microscope with EDS
- X-Ray Diffractometer
- NMR Spectrometer
- ICP Mass Spectrometer
- Elemental Analyzer
REGISTRATION AND FEE
The internship period is two weeks (10 working days) and a maximum of 1 intern will be allotted at a time for an equipment. The internship period will be assigned based on mutually convenient date Registration form can be downloaded from the STIC website. Internship fee is Rs.6000/- ( GST Extra @18%). Rs. 2000+GST Extra if Ultramicrotomy required along with electron microscopes. Applications can be submitted either in person/ email/post.Applications
Internship Program Brochure
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
mob: +91 9188706698
Contact persons: Dr. Shibu M Eappen, Mr. Adarsh K.J
L2L Series 2021, 22
L2L Series includes Theory Session and laboratory demonstrations of Following Analytical Methods
- X-Ray Diffraction
- Electron Microscopy (Scanning and Transmission EMs)
- Spectroscopy (UV Vis NIR & Mid IR)
- Thermal Analysis (Thermo Gravimetry and Differential Scanning Calorimetry)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Mass Spectroscopy
- Elemental Analysis (Ultimate and Heavy Metal analysis)
Program at a glance
- The program will be conducted for students from a single college at a time.
- Participants can choose from the list of modules, their topics of interest.
- A batch of students form a college should choose same modules.
- Date of the program can be fixed at mutual convenience.
- Only three modules can be conducted in a day.
- Minimum 20 numbers of students are required to conduct the course.
Mode & Duration
Short Theory Sessions
|Time||9.30 -10.30 AM||11.45- 12.30||2.30-3.30 PM|
|Time||10.30 -11.30 AM||1.30-2.30 PM||3.30 – 4.30 PM|
Registration: Terms & Conditions
This is not a training course. This program envisages to create an awareness among graduates/postgraduates and research students on use of sophisticated analytical instruments. Persons from industries, teachers under FIP/TIP and other schemes will not be entertained. Hands own training is not feasible. But elaborate laboratory demonstration by expert technical persons will be made available. Each analytical facilities covered under the programme is a massive subject hence detailing in every aspects may not be possible in a short span.
Programme fee: Rs. 500 per student per day GST extra @18%
- Number of students permitted per module- minimum 20 maximum 40 Students are permitted to carry lunch with them.
- Please note that it is often difficult for us to find someone to fill your seat. You will not incur a refund but can find a substitute to take your place.
- We have done our best to create a favorable environment for teaching and learning.
- There is plenty of time for questions and discussions during each course.